When cold weather arrives in Clearwater, FL and the surrounding area, having a working heating system will keep you comfortable. But what can you do if your heating system doesn’t come on? Use these troubleshooting tips to help you resolve possible problems with your heat pump.
Causes of Icing Over
Icing over is a common issue that can affect your heating system. An iced over unit may be the result of various problems:
- The unit may be failing to defrost.
- The outdoor fan may be damaged, hindering the unit’s release of heat and resulting in a build-up of ice.
- The system may be low on refrigerant, making it unable to release enough heat to melt the ice.
If your heat pump has iced over, it’s always best to turn off your system and call an HVAC company to determine the exact cause before additional damage can occur.
Heat Pump Troubleshooting Tips
Other troubleshooting tips include:
- If your heat pump won’t turn on, check to see if the circuit breaker has tripped.
- If cool air is coming out of your vents rather than warm air, check your thermostat to make sure the setting is on heat. Although this may sound obvious, it is a situation that occurs often.
- Make sure your HVAC filter is clean. A clogged filter will impede the function of your heat pump.
If these troubleshooting tips don’t resolve your heating issues, call Advanced Cooling Systems, Inc. at (727) 213-5888 for a service call. We respond quickly to service calls and will have your heat pump keeping you comfortable again as soon as possible.